Sunday, June 13, 2010

Stir crazy - Winter has hit - Georgy:)


I have never liked Winter especially as I am an outdoor person and love warm sunny days. Now with kids Winter is even harder, especially when like the last week it has almost rained continuously and the temperature has dropped.

So with this going on I have been trying hard to do activities indoors. The tent arrangement over the new play alcove I created this past week was a hit for about a half hour until they got bored with it.

So over the weekend decided we needed to brave the rain and cold and get out of the house. Saturday morning we went to the Collingwood Children's Farm Farmers Market with Beck and her family. A big hit with the kids, I highly recommend it - the kids got to look at all the animals and us adults could buy great food and coffee. Plus I think Beck and I enjoyed having a reason to wear our wellington boots as much as the girls did.

Today hubbie, the kids and I headed into the City on the train. The kids were excited just about the train ride itself (and we were warm). This followed by a visit to Federation Square, the playground at Birrarung Marr, a walk along the river past the new Federation wharf area (good place for a drink) and then a wander along South Bank, was good entertainment for all of us.

So another week of Winter weather to look forward too, I will just have to find some more great things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment