Monday, March 29, 2010

Single Mum with Benefits - a hard job - Beck:)

Recently I have joined a group of special women, ‘the single mums with benefits club’! Mums out there whose husbands work in a job that keeps them away from home for long hours or a job that sends then on frequent business trips will know all about this club. It is a club that I don’t like being a member of (actually yet to meet a mum who does)…after all we don’t have nice swish club rooms or a secret handshake…instead we have that walking dead look in our eyes.

My husband was in Brisvegas last week and is now in Sydney. I have been home alone with my two kidlets…and my 10 month old decided that he would sprout teeth (from 0 to 3 in less than a week)….I was getting worried there for a while but that is another blog. So it has been a tough week with a bubba up at night cutting teeth, trying to get a website organised so I can hand it back to my client, attending PMP (perceptual motor program) duty at my daughter’s kinder, tutoring my Year 12 English Language students , as well as trying to keep a house and study ( lets say the house looks like a bomb has gone off in it and study…not happening this week ).

So I sit here writing (one bubba asleep and the other watching Dora) now really appreciating how hard it would be to be a single mum .

No comments:

Post a Comment