Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sleep, where are you! - Georgy:)

When I was heavily pregnant with my first child I started to read a lot about babies and thought I understood about the lack of sleep but nothing can prepare you and nothing warned me that not only do babies not sleep but toddlers often don't either.

With a four year old and 20 month old now, I can't remember when I last had a really good nights sleep. Surprisingly with my second he slept through the night from 10 weeks old, unfortunately my daughter wasn't sleeping that well. Then when my little boy was about 10 months he stopped sleeping through the night and my daughter started again. It seems they have it all worked out with some tag team thing going - 'ok I am going to sleep through tonight so can you make sure you wake Mummy up, got to keep her on her toes.'

In the last week my little boy has started sleeping through the night again, four nights in a row (I know just writing this he will now stop but oh well) but my daughter has been coming into our bed at about three in the morning (big improve, so fairly happy). I started to think this is it we will have them both sleeping through soon but then my little boy was up half the night coughing the other night, while of course my daughter slept through.

Last night however they both actually slept through - only issue is we have been up since 4.50 am. Seems that my little boy will sleep through as long as he can get up really early to spend time with Mummy. Good thing we have a coffee machine, my best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment