Thursday, April 22, 2010

Who takes the day off? _ Georgy:)

I have been reminded these past few weeks of one of the difficulties of having two working parents, especially when you have no support in the terms of grandparents (they are all interstate or overseas). Myself and my little boy have both been sick over the past few weeks off and on which is hard enough in itself, with sleepless nights and not much chance to recover. But the hardest thing after a few weeks of this was the question yesterday morning off who was going to take the day off to look after our son? We have both had a bit of time of work due to sickness recently (mine and the kids) and we are both busy at work which adds to the pressure.

In my case working three days a week also means that having one off is a higher percentage of my week. Also the problem for me is I have no sick leave left. With all these things thrown into the mix my husband took the day off. Lets hope this is the last one for a while as not sure what we will do if it continues.

On a positive note though I would like to take this chance to recognise my wonderful sister and friends that helped me out with the kids when I could hardly get out of bed (my husband was away interstate at the time). I am so grateful to have this support network.

No comments:

Post a Comment