Monday, April 5, 2010

The Easter egg thief - Georgy:)

Early morning Easter Sunday (very early considering that day light saving finished but the kids body clocks didn't change), my excited children ran out to see if the Easter Bunny had come. 'He has eaten some of the carrot look, Mummy, look' my daughter exclaimed, pointing to the carrot we had left on the back deck the night before.

So once the sun had actually risen and it was light enough to see, my two rugged up children, with myself and Daddy in tow (video camera at the ready) went outside to look for chocolate eggs that the Easter Bunny had left.

First stop the cubby house and low and behold the kids found four little eggs each and small torches all wrapped up together in heavy plastic casing - now this is key as we were soon to discover.

Next we all trooped down of the deck to what I refer to as the weed lawn. My daughter very quickly spotted shingy purple metalic wrapping indicating an Easter egg and rushed over to pick it up. To everyones surprise that is all it was, just wrapping. This was followed by more discovery of the same. Where were the chocolate eggs that were meant to be inside? We finally found the remanents of them at the base of a big tree in the back corner of the garden where we know possums live (well at least I hope it was possums and not rats).

To give my children credit, neither were that upset (they had already had so much chocolate over the past few days), my daughter was even a little excited and exclaimed, 'I can't wait to tell everyone at childcare, possums ate my Easter eggs.' And we heard her telling my sister later in the day 'we had an Easter egg wrapper hunt this morning' followed by a little giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment